Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sad News and a De Ja Vu Date

My favorite fish, my Little Runt Baby (as he was affectionately named), has gone to fishy heaven.  :o(  He was the runt of his litter and we are surprised he survived as long as he did.  I miss him and catch myself still trying to find him when I go look at the tank...  I'm hoping one of the fish gets pregnant so I can enjoy another Little Runt Baby.  :o)

On to happier things!

First, a little bit of history.  On our first official date back in January of 2010, Dave took me to see Avatar in 3D.  I didn't realize seeing a real-live-action-packed 3D movie was not a great idea for a person so prone to motion sickness.  Let's just say, I spent quite a good bit of time in the bathroom re-living my pasta dinner and texting my cousin:  "I'm on a date, getting sick in the bathroom, don't want to make him leave the movie because we've been trying to see this together for weeks, what do I do?!"

I ended up finally well enough to go back up and sit by Dave for the remainder of the movie, but I had to keep my eyes closed because watching only made me feel super sick again.  I think I even fell asleep off and on.

Meanwhile, because we were wearing 3D glasses, Dave had no idea what was going on.  lol  Not until we were heading to the car after the movie and he asked if I wanted to go hang out at his place for awhile; I quickly told him, "Please just take me home.  I'll try not to throw up in your car!"

Pretty memorable 1st date.  And he even asked me out again!  :o)  NOT to a 3D movie, though. :o)

So, Dave and I dubbed this past Thursday night as our date night for the week.  We went to Olive Garden so Dave could get the Parmesan Crusted Bistecca steak he'd been craving.  :o)  Then, we wanted to use the movie theater gift card my brother gave us for Christmas.  Luckily, the movie theater where the gift card was good is in the mall right next to the Olive Garden.

The only movies that we hadn't already seen and were even remotely interested in seeing happened to only be in 3D Thursday evening:  Ice Age 3, Brave, and the Katy Perry movie.  I have seen "Up" and "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", both animated-type movies, in 3D without issues.  So I figured going to see "Ice Age 3" and "Brave" would be fine.  It's just the Katy Perry movie I was worried about.

As we were finishing dinner, we looked at movie times and realized we just missed getting into "Brave."  We had about 35 minutes before the Katy Perry movie started and another hour and 35 minutes until "Ice Age 3" began.  I was afraid I would fall asleep during the movie if we waited until after 8 to see Ice Age, so Katy Perry won the vote.

To prevent any issues, I took a couple of Dramamine and we saw the show.  (It was interesting and I like most of her music, but we were both glad it was free :o)  Dave is a lover of movie theater popcorn, so even though we'd just eaten dinner, Dave just had to have some popcorn.  lol  He munched on it while I used the bathroom before the movie began.  When I got back to my seat, Dave said, "I'm glad you're back.  I look pretty gay sitting here by myself waiting for the Katy Perry movie."  lol  Sorry sweetheart!

Anyway, half-way through the movie,  I look over at Dave and he doesn't look so great.  I asked if he was ok and he said, "No.  I think I ate too much.  I don't feel so great."  Wonderful!  We managed to nearly re-create our first date, only this time I felt fine.  lol  Italian food, 3D movie, one of us sick.  I don't think Dave and I were meant to see 3D movies together.  lol

Here's a pic of our "cool" Katy Perry 3D glasses, though. 


Maybe one day we'll get it right!

2 comments:

  1. uh-oh, but still funny!!! hopefully the 3rd time's the charm!!! =D

    ~Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I've never heard your first date story and was totally laughing out loud! Hilarious!!! So we want to hang out with y'all and Bryan but aren't back until the 12th. Can we do something the 13th or later?

    ReplyDelete