Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Our inexpensive, yet amazing, date night!

It has taken me FOREVER to blog this... And, I forgot to take my camera, so there are no pictures...  :o(  However, we still had a so way enjoyable time together!

A few weeks ago, Dave and I left work a tad early so we could make our reservations at The Melting Pot.  I have mostly only been there with my family, so 6 or more people.  It was fun to go just Dave and I, for once.

When we got there, they led us to a cozy little booth in this quiet little alcove.  It was nice.  :o)  I was most excited for the cheese and salad courses!  We got the spinach artichoke fondue and it was yummy, yummy, yummy!!!  I love their house salad dressing, so the salad was yummy to!  We were able to exchange all the fish that came with the entree for more steak, which Dave loved.  lol

This date made me want to use the wedding gift that has only been pulled out and used one time in our year and a half of marriage and now resides on top of our fridge.  I need to find some good fondue recipes, though!



When making our reservations, I didn't think about the fact that the food would cook faster with only 2 people's skewer thingys in the pot instead of 6. lol  So, we got finished with dinner A LOT faster than I had thought.  Like, a whole HOUR early.  Dave was like, so what are we going to do?!  We drove to the theatre and sat in the car in the parking deck listening to scriptures and then music on my iPod. 

Dave and I were excited to see "Into the Woods"!  It's a story that combines some stories:  Rapunzel, Cinderella, Jack and the Beanstalk, etc.  The music is wonderful!!!  The cast and crew and The Alliance Theatre did a wonderful job!  A few of the cast members did better than the cast that is on my CD.  :o)

On the way home, Dave and I rocked out to music on my iPod.  It was a fun ride home with my handsome husband who is a walking mp3 player.  lol  He knows so many song lyrics it's crazy!

All in all, it was a super fun evening with my handsome man!  And, a huge thank you to my parents for giving us the tickets to see "Into the Woods"!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  I'm also grateful I was able to get a $50 Melting Pot gift card for $20.  Made the date even more enjoyable!  lol

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an INCREDIBLE evening!!! So glad you were able to enjoy it. =D

    ReplyDelete